Lemon essential oil is extracted from the lemon rinds, or peel of the lemon. The lemon rinds are cold pressed to produce lemon essential oil. An expression distillation process, cold pressing is typically used for citrus oils when producing essential oils, and uses high mechanical pressure to produce oil from the lemon rind. While other distillation processes use heat, the process of cold pressing merely squeezes the oil from the rind, with the help of mechanical pressure.
Lemon essential oil has a fresh, uplifting aroma that cleanses the air and eliminates odors when used aromatically. When taken internally, it provides immune and circulatory support and can be used to add a fresh flavor to food and beverages.
The uses of lemon essential oil include easing stress, elevating mood, stimulating the immune system, alleviating pain, and promoting weight loss. In addition, lemon essential oil might be used to address conditions such as acne, athlete’s foot, and warts.
• Add Lemon to skin care products to possibly help reduce the appearance of aging.
• Give your soap a little extra cleaning power by adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to your soap mixture, and give your hands a good scrub.
• Lemon essential oil is known to be a natural stress reliever. Inhaling this aromatic oil has been shown to stimulate serotonin and dopamine production, which contributes to decreased anxiety.
• When diffused, Lemon oil provides an uplifting environment and promotes a positive mood. Due to the chemical makeup of this oil, it has been shown to help improve mood with an energizing and invigorating aroma. If you want to diffuse Lemon oil, use three to four drops in the essential oil diffuser of your choice.
• Use it to help remove adhesives.
Possible Side Effects:
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
There’s some concern that applying lemon essential oil to the skin may increase your sensitivity to ultraviolet light emitted by the sun and—as a result—raise your risk of skin cancer.
When using lemon essential oil on your skin, it’s crucial to protect against ultraviolet light exposure by applying sunblock.
Keep out of reach of children.